Have you or a loved one experienced an injury as a result of a horse riding accident or while working with horses?
At Macks Solicitors, we understand the thrill that comes with horse riding, but we also recognise the risks involved. Accidents happen, even when proper precautions have taken place. Our dedicated legal team specialises in navigating the complexities of horse riding injury claims, aiming to secure the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Free Initial Discussion
What Are The Most Common Horse Riding Injuries?
As with any type of animal, horses can exhibit unpredictable behaviour. If you are either horse riding or working with horses it is important to take precautions to remain safe, as horse-related accidents can be life-changing. Some of the most common horse-related injuries include:
- Head or brain injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal injuries
What Type Of Horse Riding Accidents Can I Claim For?
A horse riding accident can occur for a wide range of reasons, often stemming from factors such as human error, equipment failure, or the unpredictable behaviour of animals. Our experienced personal injury solicitors can help you get the compensation you deserve for:
- Injuries from a road traffic accident
- Injuries from a horse riding lesson
- Injuries from working with horses
- Injuries while training horses
- Injuries from a competitive event, as a participant or spectator
- Injuries involving a horse and carriage
While engaging with horses carries certain risks, those responsible for overseeing horse-related activities, including employers, instructors, horse owners, and event organisers, have a legal duty of care to ensure the safety of the individuals involved. This duty extends to taking reasonable precautions to minimise risks and prevent accidents whenever possible.
What To Do Following a Horse Riding Accident?
If you have been in a horse-related injury, there are some essential steps you should take. For instance:
- Seeking urgent medical attention for your injuries.
- Reporting the accident to the owner of the horse or the manager of the establishment where the accident took place.
- Make a detailed note of the accident, including the date and time, a description of the horse, how the accident happened and what injuries occurred.
- Seek legal advice
If you have been injured by horse riding, contact Macks Solicitors at 01642 843 667 for a no-obligation, free initial enquiry.
Who Can I Make The Claim Against?
When making a claim, you can claim against an individual’s or an organisation’s insurance, for instance:
- If you are/were an employee at a stable, you may claim against your employer.
- If you were a customer you may claim against the organisation responsible.
- If you were in a road traffic accident, you may claim against the motorist.
At Macks Solicitors, we have over 25 years of experience in personal injury claims, including horse riding accidents. We combine legal expertise with sensitive and sympathetic legal advice to advise you on whether you have a potential claim and your options.
If you decide that you want to pursue a horse riding injury claim, our personal injury lawyers will do their utmost to ensure that you are supported through your claim so you understand the claim process, investigations, and timescales. We are dedicated to helping you receive the compensation you or your family need.
How Long Do I Have To Make A Claim?
If you have suffered an injury from horse riding or working with a horse, you will have three years to make a personal injury claim from the date of your accident. However, there are some expectations, for instance:
- If the injured party is under 18, these claims can be made anytime before they turn 18. When they turn 18, they can make their own claim until they are 21.
- If the injured party has no mental capacity there are no time limits.
Contact Us Today
If you have been injured by horse riding, contact us at 01642 843 667 for a no-obligation, free initial enquiry. Alternatively, complete our online contact form and one of our personal injury solicitors will be in touch.
Latest Trustpilot Reviews
So helpful and kind.Thank you for all your help
So helpful and kind.Thank you for every thing you did.
Professional, efficient and helpful
I was given clear advice and guided through the divorce process very professionally. Sarah and Sarah we helpful, informative and dealt with everything quickly and efficiently.
Outstanding service, very helpful and polite staff, always in the know about our case .. all round great professional solicitors.