Every single year zoos, aquariums and safari parks attract an estimated 28 million visitors across the UK. Visiting a zoo should be an enjoyable and educational day out but accidents can happen. If you have suffered an injury while visiting a zoo, you may be eligible for compensation.
Although zoos are the home to some dangerous animals, all employers owe their staff a duty of care. No matter where you work, you have a right to feel safe and be provided with the correct equipment. If you have been injured while working at a zoo, contact Macks Solicitors today.
Free Initial Discussion
What Are Common Accidents And Injuries Which Could Happen In A Zoo?
Zoos can pose various risks and potentially lead to a diverse range of accidents and injuries, which can include:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Animal bites, scratches and stings
- Disease or infection caused by an animal
- Back injuries
- Burns or scalds from hot drinks and food
- Allergic reactions
If you have been injured at a zoo, contact us at 01642 843 667 for a no-obligation, free initial enquiry. Alternatively, complete our online contact form and one of our personal injury solicitors will be in touch.
Fatal Zoo Accident Claims
Although it is uncommon, unfortunately, some zoo accidents can result in fatal injuries. If you have lost a loved one due to a zoo accident, you may be able to claim on their behalf. For a no-obligation consultation, contact our personal injury team at 01642 843 667 or complete our contact form and someone will be in touch.
Zookeeper And Employee Accident Claims
Employers are legally responsible for the health and safety of their employees whilst at work, including handling or looking after dangerous animals. Your employer should be taking the following actions to prevent accidents at work:
- Providing health and safety training, with necessary updates
- Providing training for dangerous situations
- Providing Personal Protective Equipment
- Providing appropriate first aid (e.g. anti-venom)
- Carrying out regular risk assessments
- Providing the correct signage
- Providing safe and secure enclosures
What Can I Claim For Following A Zoo Accident?
If you have been in an accident at a zoo, you could be entitled to claim for compensation. However, every personal injury claim has different circumstances that determine the amount of compensation you will receive. Compensation consists of two elements:
- General Damages
You can receive general damages compensation, which is calculated based on your physical injury or illness from the accident. This may also include any emotional distress the accident has caused.
- Special Damages
You can also receive special damages which is anything other than general damages, such as loss of earnings, cost of care, transport costs and medical bills.
What To Do Following A Zoo Accident?
If you have been in a zoo-related injury, there are some essential steps you should take. For instance:
- Report the accident to the zoo and make an official record of the accident in their accident book.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Collect evidence of any loss of earnings.
- Get the details of any witnesses of the accident.
- Seek urgent medical attention for your injuries.
- Seek legal advice.
If you have been injured while visiting or working at a zoo, contact Macks Solicitors at 01642 843 667 for a no-obligation, free initial enquiry.
How Long Do I Have To Make A Claim?
If you have suffered an injury from visiting the zoo or working at a zoo, you will have three years to make a personal injury claim from the date of your accident. However, there are some expectations, for instance:
- If the injured party is under 18, these claims can be made any time before they turn 18. When they turn 18, they can make their own claim until they are 21.
- If the injured party has no mental capacity, there are no time limits.
Contact Us Today
If you have been injured at the zoo, contact us at 01642 843 667 for a no-obligation, free initial enquiry. Alternatively, complete our online contact form and one of our personal injury solicitors will be in touch.
Latest Trustpilot Reviews
So helpful and kind.Thank you for all your help
So helpful and kind.Thank you for every thing you did.
Professional, efficient and helpful
I was given clear advice and guided through the divorce process very professionally. Sarah and Sarah we helpful, informative and dealt with everything quickly and efficiently.
Outstanding service, very helpful and polite staff, always in the know about our case .. all round great professional solicitors.