New Vacancy – Housing AdvisorAugust 10, 2020
Role: Housing and Debt Advisor
Department: Housing Department
Closing date for applications: 31/08/2020
Watson Woodhouse Ltd is expanding its housing team, and seek innovative and forward thinking team members to work from their Middlesbrough office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an excellent team dealing with a wide range of housing issues including possession, eviction, disrepair, homelessness, harassment, anti-social behaviour.
As a leading provider in Housing Law, Watson Woodhouse Ltd hold a contract to deliver the Civil Legal Advice (CLA) service, which is a National Advice line, in the category of Housing and Debt.
- The successful candidate will be required to take instructions and advise clients as part of CLA remote advice line, as well as offering case progression support to the senior fee earners, developing the knowledge and skills to manage an independent caseload.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide telephone advice services;
- To assist Senior Fee Earners with cases progression;
- To advise clients of their rights and responsibilities, assessing suitability for assistance and advising on potential challenges to legal proceedings;
- To undertake a range of activity including legal research, and assisting with case preparation, due to the varied nature of the work;
- To undertake administrative work such as document file management and billing assistance;
- To deal with the completion of Legal Help forms and/or Legal Aid Applications as and when required.
We are looking for an individual with the following:-
- Legal qualification preferable but not essential as all candidates with relevant experience will be considered, including those who are unqualified but have a passion for housing law;
- Experience in dealing sensitively with both clients providing solutions and successfully managing difficult situations and conversations;
- Experience in Housing Law and in Legal Aid Funding is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrated by an ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely;
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to prioritise and organise a complex workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and use own initiative.
Competitive salary, excellent prospects and training provided.
Email covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Vicky Thomas HR Manager, at email@example.com
Should you have any questions about the role/department please feel free to contact our recruitment team at the email above and they will respond directly.