Case Study: Negligence of an employer – Gillian’s accident
Gillian was descending some concrete steps leading from the laundry room of her workplace (a residential home) when one of the steps which was cracked slipped from beneath her. As a result Gillian fell and sustained a jarring injury to her left knee and a jarring injury to her lower back causing numbness in her left lower leg.
Macks – the accident at work specialists
Gillian contacted Macks to enquire regarding a personal injury claim. A member of Macks personal injury team was able to tell Gillian that her employers had acted negligently in several ways:
- They had failed to provide and maintain a safe workplace for her;
- They had failed to inspect, maintain or repair the workplace in a safe condition;
- They had failed to warn her of the dangers or prevent her from using the steps;
- They had exposed her to an unecessary risk of injury;
- They had failed to take adequate care for her safety.
Liability for the employer’s negligence was admitted and compensation for Gillian was secured at £5,500.
Not only were Macks able to secure an impressive figure of compensation for Gillian but they were able to arrange a course of physiotherapy treatment, which was of no cost to her.
Making an accident at work claim
Macks provide a quality, caring service for all personal injury victims. To find out more about making an accident at work claim, please telephone 0800 980 9390. Alternatively, you may wish to complete the 30-second claim form.
Please note that in the interests of preserving our clients’ privacy, we alter some factual details, including names. The report is, however, based on a real case.